145. Hail The Day
Hala O Naue]
1. Hail the day that sees him rise, ‘eā, ‘e- | ā, To his throne above
the skies; Alleluia!
Christ, awhile to mortals given, ‘eā, ‘e- | ā, Reascends his native heaven. Alleluia!
2. There for him high triumph waits; ‘eā, ‘e- | ā, Lift your heads, eternal gates; Alleluia!
He has conquered death and sin; ‘eā, ‘e- | ā, Take the King of Glory in. Alleluia!
3. Highest heav’n its Lord receives, ‘eā, ‘e- | ā, Yet he loves the earth he leaves: Alleluia!
Though returning to his throne, ‘eā, ‘e- | ā, Still he calls us all his own. Alleluia!
4. See he lifts his hands above; ‘eā, ‘e- | ā, See, he shows the prints of love; Alleluia!
Hark, his gracious lips bestow ‘eā, ‘e- | ā, Blessing on his Church below, Alleluia!
5. Still for us he intercedes, ‘eā, ‘e- | ā, His prevailing death he pleads, Alleluia!
Near himself prepares our place, ‘eā, ‘e- | ā, He the first fruits of our race. Alleluia!
6. There we shall with you remain, ‘eā, ‘e- | ā, Partners of your endless reign; Alleluia!
We shall see you face to face, ‘eā, ‘e- | ā, You our hearts’ true resting place. Alleluia!
Soundclips as available: Listen below |(contact me if needed)
For text and sheet music see WORD below
Click right-most box for pdf sheet music
You must read conditions for use. Thanks.
Wesley (1707-1788) in his Hymns and Sacred Poems, 1739, alt. Tune
Hala o Naue, J. Kahinu, circa
1870. Melody after current use.
Arrangement 1997 Mondoy Music. All rights
If authorized*, you have permission to save this midi/mp3 file to your desktop for your personal use. You may print this page anytime.
Any reproduction (photocopying or download-printing) of the sheet music is ILLEGAL unless you pay a royalty fee of $1.00.
Read "Reprint Policy (see Mondoy Music Web Main Index at the left or contact me (see right) :-) Mahalo!
|Authorized use only for those who have already purchased the featured publication from Mondoy Music. Permission to use: Contact mondoymusic AT gmail DOT com || main website: www.mondoymusic.com Go to Mondoy Music Web Main Index (at the left) for more options|